Friday, November 18, 2016

Mission to S. Sudanese Women in Refugee Camps

I am so excited that after nearly two years I am finally getting ready go to visit my friends and the people that we have worked with over the years in South Sudan. I am sorry that I will not be able to see them in their own country but nevertheless I will get to be with them even though it will be in the refugee camps of Uganda where the South Sudanese have fled for refuge and safety from clashes of rival military groups that have driven them from their homes and villages. Please consider donating to help make this trip a blessing to those we will be ministering to in the refugee camps during this Christmas (nearly) visit.
Matthew 25: 35 - For I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink, I was a stranger and you took Me in, 36 - I was naked and you clothed Me, I was sick and you looked after Me, I was in prison and you visited Me.’



Since 2007 I have been going to South Sudan and working with First Baptist Church of Kajo Keji and church planting teams to plant new churches in South Sudan. 
During this time there have been over 300 new churches started. 

Over the past couple of years 100's of thousands of South Sudanese have had to leave their homes because of Civil War. Many have had to run taking nothing with them but the clothes on their backs to save their lives and the lives of their children. They have run to refugee camps in Uganda and other bordering countries for safety. For sometime now we have not been able to go into South Sudan safely because of the volatility there. However, there are now opportunities  to go into the refugee camps and encourage and strengthen the people and churches that are being started in the camps.

Over the years I have also worked with Rose Dima who is the Women's Ministry leader at First Baptist Church of Kajo Keji in South Sudan. On different occasions we have gone to villages in South Sudan to disciple and encourage the women and have done different projects with them and held women's conferences . I am very excited about this trip to work with Rose and Joyce again and to visit in two or three of the Refugee Camps in Uganda where the South Sudanese Refugees are now living and to visit with 6 of the churches that are planted there. We will be teaching and encouraging the women and strengthening the church.

I am planning to leave December 6th and return on December 16th.  I will again work with First Baptist Church of Wudu/Kajo Keji and Pastor Edward Dima and his wife Rose and David Kaya as we visit the camps to encourage them (Pastor Edward is also President of the South Sudan Baptist Convention). 
I am asking that you would please consider going with me through giving to the outreaches we are planning and also go with me through praying for us as we minister to the churches in the camps. The following are some of the things we hope to do and use as a platform to share the Gospel as we reach out and encourage and disciple the women, men and children in the camps.
Please click on link below to donate to this mission. I still need to raise funds for Soccer Balls, money to provide a Christmas Dinner for the churches we visit, Maama Kits, Afripads and a love offering to leave behind to purchase more Beans and Maize for the churches.

No comments: